Established in October, 2012 "Flavors of the West" was founded by my husband and myself based on a love for the cultures and history of the American West.
As a retired history teacher, I have researched the heritage of cultures that blended together to form the American West. My husband, being of Native American decent, brings added insight to what we offer. Through our business, we've been able to enjoy more of the artifacts, items with a Native American flare or Southwest Traditions than if we hadn't started this business. We truly enjoy sharing products with our customers that reflect this history and because of our deep felt love of what we are doing our customer's satisfaction is of upmost importance to us.
We are currently working directly with the Navajo Nation, the Pueblo Nation, the Lakota Sioux Nation, and offer an array of Native American Jewelry and Native American Pottery. We also have started working with leather & making beaded jewelry in the western tradition.
We carry many assessaries and apparel by well known designer lines such as "Tasha Polizzi" , "Scully", "Ryan Michael", "Raviani Designer Handbags" and now "Grace Jeans". Tasha Polizzi creates her line with a great respect for the Native American Culture. Scully has been in business since 1906 and carries on the tradition of Western Clothing & leather goods through their line. Raviani has been making quality handbags since the 90's with many made locally. We continue to expand the S.W. & Native American Rugs we've offered since the beginning. We are proud to announce we are now a Pendleton Representative too.
We offer a variety of ways to shop for our products which include:
1. Our suites in Frisco Mercantile: Suites #1113 & #1114 in "Frisco Mercantile". The address is 8980 Preston Rd. (S.E. of where Main & Highway #289 Preston Rd. intersect.)
2.Our custom made jewelry and smaller re-purposed wooden items through our online Etsy Shop.
3. Our apparel, S.W. Textiles, Native American Jewelry through our Web page.
4. We also go to some Craft shows and Rodeos and other local events.
Thank you for your interest in our Business,
-Carl and Suzanne Nichols
- Follow us on Facebook and check out our Etsy Shop (Shopping Cart) and the links are at the bottom left-hand corner of the page.
* We have expanded our inventory of apparel and hope you check our product section frequently as its not static.
* American West's "Annie's Secret" line are LTC Purses that are not only functional but beautifully hand tooled purses that will last a lifetime. We also carry their regular line and can order directly from them anything they have in stock. We adding Bandanna Purses by American West.
**Currently, there are sales on some out of season items.